Friday, July 9, 2010

The Summertime Blogs

Okay, I'm taking a moment while Scarlett is sleeping and I'm ignoring the piles of stuff behind me that still need a home to do a blog entry. My Dad reminds me of the fact he has seen no grandbaby pictures on the blog every time we talk. So, here it goes Dad!

First, I never showed any pictures from her baby blessing. It was great, we had a lot of friends come and most of Wes' family was there. (We missed you Sumners!) Of course, we missed all of my family, too. Scarlett was absolutely adorable in her little white blessing dress.




I love the bottom one, I think she looks like a Gerber Baby with her little mouth all O-ed like that.

We've moved to Houston. Where it's not that hot due to the daily torrential down pours we've been having. So, they're like a blessing in disguise. I waited outside the grocery store for 30 minutes on Wednesday with Scarlett hoping the rain would let up. I finally allowed two women (one coming into the grocery store and one leaving the grocery store) to watch her while I ran to get my car.They suggested both of them stay so that I'd feel more comfortable that one wouldn't run off with my baby. They were nice and funny ladies. As I ran to my car, standing water was literally higher than my ankles.

My goal today was to make a big, long post with tons of pictures. However, it took me over two hours to upload these two pics. So, I'll do it on a day when we have a better internet connection. I think it must be all of the bad weather.

More to come soon!

5 comments:

Myrna said...

I can't believe I'm the first comment. I saw your blog last night on Jerry's computer. The net wouldn't come up on mine. Such a darling baby. I liked the pictures.

Nancy said...

Oh, we miss you so much already! She is beautiful. Sorry about the long wait in Walmart. I wish I could have been there to help. My boys would have loved the rain puddles.

Aggieland Mom said...

She's beautiful. Love the rain story, what sweet old ladies!

Wes Harris said...

What a cutie patootie!

Anonymous said...

WELL I'LL HAVE TO SAY I STALK YOUR BLOG ALL THE TIME AND I'M SURE CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER CONSIDERING THE BIG MOVE TO TEXAS. HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND THAT IS A GREAT STORY ABOUT THE RAIN STORM. GLAD TO KNOW THERE ARE NICE PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE WORLD. LOVE SPENCE AND BERYL