Sunday, January 30, 2011

Parks & Lemon-Basil Chicken Deliciousness

We took time out from couponing to see if Scarlett would enjoy the park.

Apparently there are loads of parks in our area so I printed out directions to five of them and we excitedly headed off to find the first one.





It was also the LAST park we visited for the day. I really think Scarlett would have liked the bucket swings--I mean she loved her baby swing and she knows no greater joy than getting tossed in the air like a rag doll.





There was a moment there when it really could have gone either way...





Unfortunately it went the wrong way, another child at the park took that moment to weep, wail, and gnash his teeth. Which started a chain reaction. Scarlett started crying causing another boy in the swing next to her to start crying and so on and so forth. So we picked a different piece of equipment hoping for a more positive outcome.





Scarlett couldn't seem to figure out why we were laying her down on the slide. She kept trying to sit up. She thought it was great watching me go down but when I took her with me she made no expression whatsoever. She seriously could not have looked more indifferent. I did feel her tense slightly when I went down the covered slide but that was about it. We may wait a while before we try the other four parks.


On another note I cracked open my Betty Crocker book again and made Sunday dinner.


I'm working my way through the poultry section and I realized that I was cooking the recipe pictured on the cover of the book. This is my 256th recipe of 563! I thought it was picture worthy.


I highly recommend the Lemon-Basil Chicken deliciousness. We wish we could share it with you.

7 comments:

Myrna said...

I highly recommend you write the publisher of Betty Crocker and tell them about how your interest began and has now continued after your master's degree. Show your picture with the cover recipe.

Also, I liked the Scarlett story and it would have been fun to see the howling babies for a YouTube funny.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Myrna on the YouTube funny video. the chain reaction of all babys crying would have been something to behold. Your lemon basil chicken does look yummy and cover worthy. I love reading your blog, no matter who does the writing. You are both funny.
Mom

Anonymous said...

When I cook meat it's usually chicken, so yes! that looks really good with all of the other trimmings. Maybe I'll try something like that sometime. Keep on COOKING! Jerry Harris

Nancy said...

Scarlett is so precious!
The chicken does look just like the picture. Way to go, Wes!

MikeS said...

Trey was briefly afraid of the swings after I pushed him too high and he fell off. But other than that, I can't imagine why Scarlett would cry on the swings. You'll just have to take her to the park more often.

Kurt and Courtney said...

Kurt says your picture should be sent into some magazine or something. :) I actually think it looks a lot like the end of the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving where Snoopy and Woodstock are eating.

Super Angie said...

Scarlett is adorable. Wes is an amazing cook. We love you all!!!