Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012

My mom and Jerry came to visit for Christmas.  Despite Wes' cough and Jerry's leg problems, they accomplished a lot, while the rest of us got pretty sick.  By the time Christmas came, Scarlett, Desmond, my mom, and I were on antibiotics.  Somehow amidst all of that, we still had a pretty great Christmas Day.  We came downstairs Christmas morning to an empty plate of cookies, a half-eaten zucchini, and an empty glass of milk.  Scarlett spent about twenty minutes discussing that exciting event with us.


Santa dropped off some toys for Scarlett and Desmond and filled all of our stockings.  He even left two on the couch for Nana and Grandpa.


Here's a close-up of Scarlett's gifts.  Santa even got one of her old dolls to showcase her new doll high chair.  He's so good at laying out his presents with a little bit of style!


Desmond got two toys and some sweet new clothes to fit his ever expanding baby body.  He seemed very pleased with his Christmas!



Scarlett immediately got busy on coloring her some sweet Dora pictures.
"Swiper, no swiping!"


Then she drew some of her famous faces on the whiteboard side.


Then it was time to go skating!  She's a natural, of course.  They went outside and skated some more after she got dressed, but I only caught that on video.


First fall.


First twirl.


I had gotten a sweet deal off our local "Craigslist" type online classifieds.  So, we gave her these princess dresses.  She was pretty excited about them.


Daddy helped her with her costume changes.  Snow White first.


Then, Sleeping Beauty.  She also got Belle, but I had switched to video by then.  This is her "I can't believe how amazing Christmas is" smile.


Desmond said, "This was a fun day, but I'm pretty tired."

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this blog. It was way fun to replay our Christmas. despite being sick, it was loads of fun.
Nana

Myrna said...

I certainly enjoyed the pictures. This was an exciting Christmas for you all because Scarlett is the right age. I noticed you have a new piece of furniture in your grand hall. I also saw the 2 really nice chairs that have a French look to them when I visited with Wes on the ipad. Thanks for sharing.