Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Shlumpadinka Spring Break!

Well, this was my first week back to school after a most fabulously relaxing Spring Break. I have decided to share the details with you because it's been a while since my last post.  Now normally my mom comes to visit for Spring Break, but this year we settled for talking every day instead (I'll take what I can get).

  •  Weekend before Spring Break - Read Gregor the Overlander (320 pgs.) as well as Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (309 pgs.)

  •  Day 1 Monday - Read Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods (358 pgs.) and literally did nothing else.  It was awesome.

  • Day 2 Tuesday - Read the penultimate Gregor and the Marks of Secret (343 pgs.)went to Barnes and Noble, bought Gregor and the Code of Claw, went home, read Gregor and the Code of Claw (412 pgs.) until 2:00 a.m.  (Because the next day Wes was going to be able to hang out!  So, I basically HAD to finish it that night!)

  • Day 3 Wednesday - Hung out with Wes.  Cleaned out kitchen cabinets and hallway closet, which felt very nice.  We threw away 7 bags of trash and sent 4 bags to the DI (which is like a Goodwill for our non-Utah readers).  How is this possible?  I do not know.

  • Day 4 Thursday - Hung out with Wes.  Cleaned the bathroom, watched some movies, and shopped.

  • Day 5 Friday - Hung out with Wes, went to Best Buy and bought Lego Batman. (an amazingly addicting XBOX game)

  • Day 6 Saturday - Played the aforementioned amazingly addicting Lego Batman for the majority of the day while Wes worked on amazingly "un-addicting" finals.  I finished up my Spring Break with a nice dinner and a movie...Wingers and The Knowing.

  • By the way, those Gregor books by Suzanne Collins, I definitely recommend.

    7 comments:

    Kurt and Courtney said...

    I had a pretty shlumpadinka week, too. (I looked that up. Great word.) I'm also very proud of your use of the word "penultimate", and extremely grateful that you cleaned out your kitchen, because I reaped all of the benefits.

    Super Angie said...

    Sounds like a fantabulous spring break!!!!!! I love curling up and getting lost in a series of books. I would do it all day long if I didn't have show up for work on a regular basis.

    Thumbs up on the hard core cleaning of your kitchen/closet/other places I try to ignore. The Alston house is in serious need of similar services. Do you and Wes do contract work?

    Nancy said...

    Jen, you just described a week of bliss for me. Although, I don't think I could have pulled off that many hours of reading. My eyes would have been crossed by the time I was done.

    Anonymous said...

    Wow, you do me proud. cleaning, reading and doing nothing. I love that. Also, your great use of big words are awesome. Not sure about the x-box part but I love your spring break. See, you didn't me after all. Loves and Kisses, Mom

    KuteKings said...

    Hey Jen!
    I loved reading about the break down of your heavenly week--and wasn't it just perfectly needed?! I knew you liked to read, but my gosh, you weren't joking!! Don't your eyes get tired? Thanks again for giving me suggestions about New Orleans--you were the best person to ask! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    :) Claudia

    Anonymous said...

    I was happy to hear that you were healthy! Read while you can.

    Kelly Munns said...

    girl...you are crazy. that's pretty impressive. i have to say, i certainly am one for a series. i just get really sad when they end. i wish they kept going and going and going! and i see you're ahead of wes with his 6 books read this year... woot woot! i miss "me" time...so enjoy it!