Thursday, June 18, 2009

Maybe a McWorld would be better than I thought...

On our recent trip out to Houston, Wes and I drove through some of the ugliest and most boring parts of our country.  One of the worst was Southern Wyoming...okay THE worst was southern Wyoming.  That is some dry and ugly and brown land.  I'm sorry to any Wyomingites who are reading this.  There really are some pretty parts, just not where Interstate 80 runs through.  Denver had never looked so beautiful to me.  Anyway, I am straying from my point...McDonalds.  While we were in the dusty state of Wyoming, we came across the coolest McDonalds I have ever seen.  Allow me to demonstrate.



This is the first thing we noticed upon walking in.  I don't know if you can tell but this is a rock waterfall.  This McDonalds had 5 installed in their dining area.



They also had 5 flat screen TVs around their dining area...as well as somewhere else...



They did NOT have flat screen TVs in the women's restroom, I checked.



Not only did the kid's play area have these adorable miniature "saddle seats" that are apparently equally fun for kids and 29 year old men alike.  They also had...wait for it...4 stations of X-boxes.



This was the definite high point of our drive through Wyoming.  Oh, and last but not least, the lovely little fireplace and sofas in the McDonalds.


Texas pictures coming soon...  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love that McDonalds. It's the only one we don't purposely avoid.

Nancy said...

Wow! Impressive for McDonalds.

Kurt and Courtney said...

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! In the men's bathroom! Really! :)Miss you guys! Thanks so much for the Awkward Family Photos link, I probably looked through 20 pages already!

Courtney said...

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm having fun on my little blog, it's getting me more excited to keep reading. And yes, a 'Jurassic Park' post goes up today, so be watching. I love your haiku, Jen! Classic! The word 'dinos' just makes me laugh! We've revamped Kurt's blog, too, so he'll mainly just be reviewing games that he's playing. I think it will increase the readability for outsiders. See you in a while!

Super Angie said...

Holy Moley!!! I'm afraid to show this post to Steve. He may want to go to Wyoming on our next vacation...

Marcus Pulsipher said...

What? Isn't the McDonald's restroom everyone's favorite place to watch Dancing with the Stars? Guess I'm just wierd...

Lonna said...

I don't know if I would ever leave there. I am proud of you for going and then being able to get back to your long drive.

Oh what a happy place, not to mention super yummy fries.