Saturday, February 6, 2010

Random Thoughts

Well, this is week 33 for me. Only 7 more weeks of pregnancy to go! My good friend at work who was supposed to have her baby only three weeks ahead of me ended up going into labor and delivering 7 weeks early due to an infection in her placenta. So, I have been kind of nervous since then that Scarlett will try to come early. That really wouldn't fit into my schedule at all! :) My mom has already bought plane tickets for March 24 - April 7th. So, she would, like, completely miss my maternity leave if I had the baby too soon. I am getting very excited, but I am also getting very nervous. The freaky birthing dreams have begun. I won't EVEN go into those! Wes and I signed up for prenatal classes that begin on February 15th and last for four weeks. He's super stoked...alright, not really. Although, I'm pretty excited. We're hoping they teach us something about what to do with a baby...since neither of us have any idea. Luckily, my mom will be here and she can impart all of her baby wisdom onto us. Thank goodness for Grandmas, what would us Moms do without them?

8 comments:

Super Angie said...

Thanks for keeping the birthing dreams to yourself. :) Good luck with the whole Keep-Scarlett-Making-Her-Own-Decision-About-Her-Arrival Thing.

MikeS said...

I'm sure you'll know exactly what to do with the darling, little Georgia peach.

Anonymous said...

Little Scarlett better not come early, well maybe a day early since I'll be there the 24th. I'm very excited about being a grandmother. Whoo hooo!!
Nana

Anonymous said...

Someones I love will be receiving a rolling, strolling, carrying package soon!!

Myrna said...

I'll only give baby wisdom if you ask. I promise I probably won't keep that promise!

Nancy said...

Hey Jennifer,
How does a baby shower on the 6th of March sound? That is the date I am tentatively pushing around in my head. And--I need a list of people to invite--other that the ones I know, of course.

Kelly Munns said...

oh my! i didn't know you were that close! i guess i should have, though. you're not that far behind me. it's a very exciting time! i'm sure yours and wes' motherly instincts will kick in :) you'll be fine! as for going early, i was sure i would because i had isaac three weeks early, but wouldn't you know i have two days left and nothing's happening?! you just neeeever know!

Wes Harris said...

Okay I'm excited for the birthing classes. Maybe my "motherly" instincts as Kelly says have kicked in. We're going to figure out how to separate the booey woos. Pregnant Jennifer = (Booey Woo)^2