Saturday, February 20, 2010

Baby Love

Yesterday, my Room Mom threw me a baby shower. It was so much fun! She invited all of the kid's moms, too. I would say about 15 moms showed up, which made it even more fun and wonderful. This was my first baby shower, so it was great to be able to gush about how excited I am and have everyone around me be equally as excited. The students were so adorable in how jubilated they were to give me presents and play baby shower games. All of the moms who were there said their kids had been talking about it all week long. Pretty cute! Here are some pictures.


The Food


The Presents


The Students and The Moms


Me Opening Presents


The take home gifts my Room Mom made for all of my students.


This is right after I pulled out all of my gifts to show Wes. Everything you see is presents from the shower. It was crazy!

Needless to say I was overwhelmed by the love and support shown from my students and their families. We got so many adorable blankets, outfits, shoes, diapers, bath time stuff, medical stuff, etc. Little Scarlett will be one warm, cute, clean, and healthy baby!

On a quick, separate side note, for Valentine's Day, I got some new Maternity Clothes. (I am SO sick of wearing the same 4 outfits over and over and over again.) Here are some pics of a few of them.





Five more weeks to go!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what fun is that!! Looks like you got loads of good stuff. I finally picked up some boxes today so I can mail mine to add to the stash. I can so understand getting tired of wearing the same things over and over. No matter how cute you look:)
Mom

Super Angie said...

So cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a baby shower for my sixth grade English teacher. It was awesome. I looked for a present for weeks!

Anonymous said...

The only thing that Scarlett needs now is her large drum, her blaring horn, and a new tambourine to shake like carzy until mommy and daddy absolutely can't stand it anymore so they will send Scarlett to California so graddaddy can buy her some even louder toys to take back home to Houston. Dad

Spencer, Ariell and Crew said...

What a cool baby shower! :] you must have some pretty amazing students!! and the new clothes look AMAZING! sooo excited for you!!

Marcus Pulsipher said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I'm excited to meet little Scarlett some day!

Nancy said...

Jennifer, you do look cute. But then again, when haven't you looked cute? What a fabulous idea to have a student/parent shower. I am so relieved that you got a good one! That must have been so much fun for your students, too.

Anonymous said...

OMG, look at that baby belly, You are SO adorable! =) I just want to fly to SLC and give you a big hug! I can't wait to be an Aunt and to see my wonderful sister start adding to her family. This is what life is all about! I love you, Wes, and Scarlett so much!
Beanie

Marcus Pulsipher said...

Wes and Jen, I would be all about coming out and spending some quality MWJ time. When are you moving out to Houston?