Friday, March 19, 2010

Scarlett Jane Harris

Scarlett was born yesterday, March 18th at 4:24 p.m. She is 7lbs, 5 oz and 19.5 inches long. She is so beautiful! They induced me at 10:45 A.M. and my contractions were pretty light until 2:40 p.m. when my doctor came and broke my water. Then things ramped up quite a bit! In fact, the epidural didn't even have time to take full effect. The anesthesiologist said it probably took some of the edge off, but I never had any numbness or even tingling in my legs. She's a total cutie!



Here we are getting ready for the big day.



This is right after she was born. Her face is bruised from the quick delivery and her little eyes are still swollen.



I, of course, always knew Wes would be a great father, however, the amount of love, tenderness, and total fascination he has with Scarlett has surpassed even my expectations. They really are quite precious together.



Like I said...adorable!

More pictures to come!!!

18 comments:

MikeS said...

We are so thrilled for you guys. If their all gonna be this cute, I can't wait and see what else you add to the collection down the road.

Anna said...

Adorable! Having babies is the best thing in the world, if you ask me! Congratulations!

Myrna said...

Thank you, grandmas are probably the next most excited people for the baby. The parents, of course, would be the absolute most excited. Can't wait to see her eyes open and smile. What a precious little soul. I can tell how much Wes loves her by his phone call.

Myrna said...

Ok, so her eyes are open in the first picture, and the last one gives an appearance of a smile. Really, I studied them closer. I also see Jen's face in her.

Tim said...

Wahoo! Congrats you two (three now)!

Nancy said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! We love our little cousin Scarlett.
That is a good picture of you Jen getting ready for the big day.

Super Angie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for you. We love Scarlett. We also think she looks like Josie. :)

Spencer, Ariell and Crew said...

CONGRATS! SCARLETT IS BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Myrna, us grandma's are totally excited. She is just too cute. I can't wait to get out there and start all that spoiling.
Mom

Shelby and Ted said...

We are so happy for you both! She is so beautiful, and I am so happy that your delivery went so well. That is one awesome story! Wes is so cute with her, and she looks a lot like you Jen, I think anyways. Love you guys!

Debbi said...

Hooray for Scarlett and her mom and dad. Congratulations all around. Hope we'll get to see her before she's a teenager.

Aggieland Mom said...

YAY!! Congrats! Love ya all!

Marcus Pulsipher said...

Hah! She is beautiful! But, was there ever any doubt she would be? I'm so excited for you two! When do I get to meet her?

Coleman Family said...

Congrats! She is so precious! What a cutie. So excited to see more pics!! : )

Rachel said...

Congrats!!!! She is absolutely beautiful!!

Courtney said...

I think it's time to take down "Scarlett's Countdown" unless it's supposed to say 'I'm feeling ultra snuggly when Daddy wraps me up like a burrito.' "That is brand new information!"

Wes Harris said...

Ha, Ha . . . go to bed.

Kelly Munns said...

adorable is right. congratulations jen...you guys will have so much fun being parents! (except when she gets sick...) :)