Monday, October 4, 2010

Crazy Nightmares. . .or Dreams?

I recently joined a gym and began working out. We chose the gym because they have a child care center and we're able to leave Scarlett there for up to two hours a day. Is it weird that since I joined and have been leaving Scarlett in their care, I have had multiple dreams where I left her there and went shopping and didn't come back until closing time? I'm not sure if this is a nightmare showing I'm afraid of leaving my baby girl with someone else because something may go wrong or if its my inner conscience dying for a little bit of freedom. . .a little bit of baby free shopping!? I'm thinking its probably both!




"Mommy, why do you want to leave me at 24 Hour Fitness until closing time?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, She is so cute. She has such personality in this photo.

I think as a mom you worry about leaving your child with someone else, especially since you don't know them personally. I also think you probably do want to have a little bit of free time to do Jenn things. Both which are very normal! =)

Anonymous said...

I used to worry about laying your carrier down to pay for purchases then get my bag and leave you laying there. I never did it but I used to dream about it. It is a very scary feeling when you wake up.

I can't believe how fast Scarlett is changing. Can't wait to see you guys next month.

ps...you are a great mom and even great moms want their own time every now and then. Don't worry about it too much.

Mom

Nancy said...

Alas, that is a feeling that you will probably experience all of your young mommy life. I still want to get away so bad and have just me time, but when I am away I struggle with wondering if all is well with my kids.

Myrna said...

I think its called being cooped up in an apartment with no room to run and roam----big Salmon yard and fields helped me. Also, you feel greatly tied down. I felt tied down when I got married! I didn't have those kinds of dreams. My dreams worried me that I wouldn't recognize my children when I got to heaven.

Sweet Utah said...

My dreams make me wonder sometimes how my mind can come up with such crazy things!

Wes Harris said...

We should get Scarlett some dumbbells so she can work out with you . . . and it sounds like she needs some one-on-one Daddy time.

I dreamed we had a baby that was cute as a button.

Kelly Munns said...

she looks JUST like the both of you! how weird is that? ok probably not so weird considering you're her parents...