Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hunting the Egg


"Look, I know what you are thinking: basket, dress, eggs. It seems simple but to pull them off successfully you need to know what you are doing. Come with me as I show my parents how it is done."




"First, pick a location where they didn't just drop 30,000 eggs from a helicopter and the easter bunny isn't riding around on a golf cart . . . unfortunately the parents didn't consult me on the location . . ."




"Not to worry. I know how to handle myself in this type of situation."




"As always Dad likes to start with some instruction.
Step 1) Find an egg."




"Step 2) put it in the basket."




"Egg. Basket. Got it."




"Dad seriously, I got it. I'm not 12 months old anymore."




"I have innate egg gathering abilities."




"Now what were those steps again?"



"Pick up eggs?"




"Suck on eggs?"




"Drop basket on the ground because I can only hold so many things at once?!"




"I love my Mommy, she's the best."




"After eggs we went to the Cracker Barrel. I ordered a tasteful bowl of carrots & bought a bookmark. Then I picked out a nice chair on the porch."





"I don't even remember what this was about. It had been a long day, okay. Next picture."




"See, I was happy again in 2 seconds but it was definitely time to call it a day."

"I hope you didn't think we were done. Who goes to just one Easter egg hunt a year??? Not Ma Ma & Da Da apparently. I think they were imagining a quaint 16th century stroll through royal gardens to look for eggs with other toddlers in their Sunday best instead of eating the dust of several thousand kids amped up on Easter candy and urged on by a radio announcer to get all the eggs possible."




"Mom found us a nicer hunting ground at a local church."




"It was definitely nicer but I didn't see any eggs."




"Eggs anyone?"




"Would they put eggs in the water?"




"Let's go find some eggs!!!"




"I found the eggs!"




"I had to wait until the announcer said go."




"Is it time yet?"




"Double check my equipment."




"I must say I was very patient."




"I may need a bigger basket."




"What's so special about eggs anyway?"




"I am pretty picture perfect, aren't I?"




"Overall I had a really good time. Next year maybe I'll go to three egg hunts."

"Happy Easter everyone!"


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's only been a little over a month since I was there and she's walking all by herself. Loved the egg hunt pictures (good closed captioning with them). Pooh

Anonymous said...

Not that I am partial or anything, but Scarlett was the best dressed, cutest, and most adorable kid at either Easter egg hunt. Can't wait to see her in two weeks. Granddaddy.

Anonymous said...

She is too cute and so smart. I love the pictures but love the captions the mostest. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Nana

Myrna said...

Such a sweet family. Scarlett was dressed so fancy and her mommy was so clever with the words. Daddy just enjoyed it all.
I loved the clear pictures. My skype video doesn't catch all the brilliant colors. Thanks, Love to you all.

Nancy said...

Sounds like everybody commenting is going to see you in a couple of weeks. Does that go for us, too?

Likewise, I love the comments along with the pictures. Scarlett is getting so big!

Miss you 3!

Super Angie said...

Hahahahaha!

Favorite quote of this post: "I'm not 12 months old anymore."

Second favorite quote: "eating the dust of several thousand kids amped up on Easter candy."

triciarnorton said...

She is an adorable mix of the two of you! Will you be in UT at all this summer?

Aggieland Mom said...

What a doll she is. Thanks for sharing your wisdom on egg hunting Scarlett!

Debbie said...

Just darling!