Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A New Way To Play With Trains

A couple of weeks ago, I got the most amazing deal on a huge train table complete with a roundhouse, tracks, and Thomas the Train trains.  We keep it upstairs in the loft.  I'll have to do another post about that soon.  That kind of savings deserves a post all on its own!  Anyway, back to the point of this entry.  Today, Scarlett and Desmond slept at the same time for two glorious hours.  During those two hours, I cleaned like a mad woman.  I have had no time to clean for a week.  I vacuumed, cleaned counters, the stove, mopped, put toys away, went through piles of mail, took all of the trash in the house out, emptied the dish washer, wiped down the banister and the kitchen cabinets!  It was amazing.  You know you need more "me" time or free time at all when cleaning becomes an adrenaline rush.


Anyway, during my mad cleaning session, I was putting away some of Scarlett's play kitchen toys.


When I opened up the refrigerator, this is what was peaking back at me.


At some point, she had gone upstairs and carried down every train she owns and lined them up all nice and neat in her little refrigerator!


Right above her frozen cookie dough, orange juice, milk, honey, and jam.


I don't know if I've mentioned it lately, but I think my daughter is pretty fantastic.


4 comments:

Wes Harris said...

Ha ha, she is so funny and cute.

Anonymous said...

She inherited that organization skill from her parents - and she's already putting the skills to work. Ain't she great! Pooh

Anonymous said...

Scarlett thinks the train set is pretty cool. To ensure that it stays cool, she put the train pieces in the refrigerator, Makes sense to me. Pretty smart kid! Jim

Myrna said...

It got a BIG smile from me. She loves lining things up. Everyday that I visited, she lined up the chairs and set all the dolls out and spread food to each of them. What an organized little cherub.