Friday, November 30, 2012

Growing up

When you have your first baby especially, everyone tells you how fast the time goes and how quickly they change.  Scarlett's first year did not go quickly at all although she did change quite a bit!  At the end of her first year, I looked at pictures of her and thought she did change a lot but it wasn't a shock.  The changes taking place that first year are so blazingly visible and obvious.  The second year, a little less so, but still pretty visible.  This last (third) year, I'll admit, her growth kind of snuck up on me.  I was looking at pictures of the three years we've gone to the same place to get our Christmas tree since she was born.  It seems like no time has passed since last Christmas and when I looked at these pictures it hit me...I only have one baby now and its not Scarlett.  (We all know she'll always be my baby, but you know what I mean!)  She's a little girl and I adore the person she's becoming.

Christmas 2010 - Just a little 9 month old baby.

hating Santa Claus

 Christmas 2011- Still a little tike toddling around with chubby little legs.

loving Mickey and Minnie

Here it comes...









BAM!

Christmas 2012 - A sassy little girl sauntering around to wherever her heart leads her.

checking out Frosty

giving her, "I'm getting kind of bored, let's ditch this place" stance

Still not crazy about Santa

but loves her Daddy and Desmond and train rides.

 finally old enough to play on the inflatables (you have to be two)

"Ready or not, here I come!"

"That was awesome!"



4 comments:

Wes Harris said...

That was such a good post! Our little girl is growing right up. She looks like a little teenager in her "I'm bored, let's ditch this place" photo.

MikeS said...

If you think she is growing up fast from your perspective, imagine how fast she seems to be growing from my perspective of never getting to see her. Each picture I see she is just a little bigger.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference. She is getting so grown up looking. Her hair seems so much longer. I can't wait to see her in person.
Nana

Myrna said...

Grandmas and Grandpas will tell you to enjoy your little ones. We've been there. We know how fast time flies. It doesn't seem like 35 years ago I had my little girls. 34 years ago this December Wesley came into the world. I remember that event quite vividly and was glad the hospital was close!

Now you are all far away and I see you only on the web. I wonder how our Father in Heaven feels with us gone. He only hears our prayers...I'm happy for a phone and web - at least I get a two way conversation.

Gee, I'm rambling...maybe that's because I've been doing a DVD for 15 hours today. Night, bedtime.