Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Scarlett Turns 3 (Last Month)

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't post about Scarlett's birthday until all the Thank You cards went out.  The idea was that would make me hurry up and do the Thank You cards.  It didn't really work that way, I ended up just delaying both activities.  However, part 1 is finally done and now on to part 2...the blog post!  As I mentioned before, Scarlett's birthday theme was Rainbow Brite.  I'm fairly certain that I OD'd that child on Rainbow Brite to get her pumped for her party, because she has literally not watched it ONCE since.  The other reason might be because she got a ton of Disney Princess gifts and that hurled us head first into Princess Mania which is okay with me.  I'd rather watch a Disney movie all day, every day than one more single episode of Dora.  She doesn't watch Disney movies all day, every day, though...just for the record.

Anyway, her party was fabulous and all of the moms were so complimentary and helpful and we had such a good time.  The weather at the park that day was beautiful and Scarlett had a blast.

First things first, the cupcakes!  They turned about pretty great I think.  We just laid them out in a row to emphasize the rainbow effect.  These adorable cupcakes took a LOT of time...a shocking amount of time, really.



Here's the extra big and extra awesome rainbow cupcake we made for Scarlett.  She licked every morsel of frosting off that cupcake, but didn't take a bite of the actual cake part.  I ended up throwing the whole thing away.  Oh, well, she didn't need the extra sugar anyway.


I bought chicken nuggets and pizza from Dominoes for everyone to eat, but I did throw in these rainbow fruit skewers as well.  They were also a hit.


Here is the more attractive of the two food tables all laid out with 15 little kids eying all of those cupcakes, waiting for their chance to dig in!


Here's a close up of Scarlett and her cupcake.  She really was happier than she looks in this picture.  I must have just told her that she couldn't eat it yet or something else equally as traumatizing.


Here's the gift table and the bubble solution for the kids.  Notice the Rainbow Brite picture.  That way no one mistook this for any ordinary rainbow party.  We had a bubble machine going most of the time, too.  Sadly, I didn't get any pictures, but the kids LOVED it.  Toddlers and bubbles really do go hand in hand.


Here's the family picture minus Desmond.  He gets really fussy when he misses his naps, so I left him at home with a babysitter.  Hopefully, he won't be scarred for life because of it.  We brought home some huge rainbow mylar balloons and he got hours of entertainment and laughter out of them.  So, I figure we're good!


This one is just too cute not to put on the blog.


After her nap and beginning the process of opening all her presents.  She got more presents on her birthday than she did on Christmas!


Here she is wearing wings she got for her birthday while looking at pictures of Wes's side of the family that his mom sent her.  She'd point at each person and say, "Who dat?  Who dat?  Who dat, Mommy?"  She'd be a huge hit in New Orleans during football season.


Desmond...eying the rainbow balloon thinking, "What in the world...?"


Desmond...laughing at the rainbow balloon thinking, "What is this colorful, amazing, floating sensation?!"


Scarlett also got a bike which makes her so happy.  I can't believe how fast she picked it up!  She can whiz all over the neighborhood on it.  Luckily, she got that Rapunzel doll for her birthday, so she has a barbie doll to ride on her new bike's handlebars.


Well, that about wraps up her birthday events.  She is such a bright shining light in our lives.  I love her so much and her adorable mannerisms and inquisitive personality.  I wish all of our friends and family far away could know her as well as we do and frequently see in person what a sweet and loving girl she is.  Hopefully, our family blog gives you some insight.

Happy 3rd Birthday, Scarlett!  We love you!

4 comments:

Wes Harris said...

Scarlett loved this. I was sold on the cupcake/Rainbow Brite party as being the cheap route . . . I did not fully take into account my involvement in the decorating. I must say, however, that those fruit skewers look pretty amazing. Scarlett's "I'm riding my bike!" song is still my favorite. Even thought 95% of the kids had no idea who Rainbow Brite was I know they had a blast. Way to go super Mom. Thanks for making it so much fun. Also we need to get those chicken nuggets again they were scrumdiddly. Also Desmond's little expression are way funny/adorable.

Anonymous said...

It looks like everyone had a great time at the party. I wish Esther and I could have been there to wish little Scarlett happy birthday in person. We love you Scarlett and Desmond ( of course Jennifer and Wes also).

Anonymous said...

So glad Scarlett is picking up with Rainbow Bright where Jennifer left off. How many little girls can say they played with the same kind of toys as their Mom's. Can't wait to see what her 4th birthday party theme is going to be!!! Pooh

Anonymous said...

I just love your blogs. It brings you guys home to us. I'm glad to have been able to contribute by sending your dolls over for Scarlett. Never really thought they would be played with again but I'm glad you proved me wrong. I did find a blue sprite so I'll put it in the mail soon.
Glad she had a great birthday!! Now on to Desmond. What will his bring, hmmmm
Nana