Monday, April 22, 2013

Thrifting Again for Scarlett's Room

Wes went out of town for two weeks at the beginning of this month.  To help me through this time, my gracious mom came and hung out for one week of it.  There has been a list forming for a year of things i wanted to get done, but haven't because I was pregnant or had a new born.  With Desmond at 11 months and my mom to help me, we seriously attacked the list.  Here is a small sampling of what we got done.

I bought this nightstand and this twin bed at thrift stores.  Here is what they looked like when I bought them.  Its the small one in the middle with the drawer and the finish all scratched off the top.  Also, take notice of the twin bed frame in the back.  I redid that one too.  Unfortunately, I only have this one picture we took of everything at once.

 So, I sanded it down before re-staining the top and painting the sides.

It took a lot of work, but I didn't take pictures of the process so here is the final product!




The bed that was in the top picture was brown and I really wanted it white for Scarlett's room.  I debated for a while on how to do it and after searching online, I decided to just spray paint it.  So, my mom and I spent about three days sanding and spray painting.  It turned out really great.  I love the finished product.  Here's the bed with the nightstand and Scarlett's super cute new quilt!  She is so excited about her big girl bed.  She makes it all by herself every day when she wakes up in the morning and after her nap.


We also planted flowers in the front and backyard.  They make me so happy!


It felt nice to get some of these bigger projects done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! Go Cheryl and Jennifer. Scarlett is getting so big and now sleeping in her own bed, wow! Pooh

Anonymous said...

We really should have taken the "during" pictures. It would have really brought it all back. It was a lot of work but fun. Had a great time and I love the flowers too. You forgot the Hydrangeas!!
Nana

Unknown said...

Your mom has always been highly talented

Myrna said...

Your talents are showing up. You have decorative talent, thrift buying talent, and organizational talent. I'm sure being a top mom is at the top of the list and a great wife. Wes will have to leave more often so your mom will come hang out and work with you. Everything looks well done.

Nancy said...

I'm impressed, Jen!