Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas 2013 - Part 2

 Scarlett had a very good time making cookies for Santa with Nana and me.  They did turn out pretty amazing.  She took her part of the decorating very seriously and did a really great job!



This is what it looked like Christmas morning before the kids came down.



And here's what it looked like as the kids got busy opening and inspecting presents.  Scarlett was pretty disappointed because she specifically asked Santa 3 different times for a pink choo-choo train with batteries and he brought her a purple one (it looks pink to me, but WHATEVER!)  You can see it in this picture below by her foot.  Back me up people, is that a pink or purple train!?  I mean its at least pinkish.


Desmond was much easier to please, he loved ALL of his gifts.


 In fact, he even loved Scarlett's presents.  I think he thought this crib was his.



He enjoys riding and having Scarlett's dolls ride on this little rocking horse my dad gave him.  This horse plays the most will-get-caught-in-your-head-forever tune about a rocking rider pony.  I wish I had a recording and could play it for you all.


Scarlett got this cute little Waldorf doll from Santa.  It's possible I love it more than she does.



She also got this cute little My Cuddle Monkey, which we all think is adorable and fun.  However, the missionaries came over on Christmas day to call home and they said she's creepy and too real. She'll do things like turn her head and look right at you, plus she can move her lips and blow kisses.  She is pretty realistic but that's why she's so fun!  Scarlett sure loves her anyway.  She named her Annie.




One of my favorite things for this Christmas, is Scarlett is beginning to understand a little bit more about the true meaning behind Christmas.  Her favorite Christmas book to read each night was the story of Baby Jesus and she watched the Nativity put out by our church at least a half a dozen times.  I enjoy watching her grow in her understanding and knowledge!  

Well, that was our awesome Christmas.  We hope yours was fabulous, too and filled with lots of love and laughter!

Happy New Year!  We are SO ready to make 2014 our best year yet!

2 comments:

Myrna said...

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Christmas, the before and after shots. Santa certainly didn't miss that house. Tell Scarlett that Santa probably thought he was painting that train pink, but men get mixed up on colors sometimes. Grandpa Jerry says green is blue, oh well, its just a paradigm, we just see things differently. Thanks for all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Me and Scarlett are like peas and carrots. I just love spending time with her. Making cookies was so much fun. Thanks Jenn for letting me be part of that.

Once again, great memories.

Nana