Friday, December 30, 2016

A New Desk for a New Year

Wes has had a part time job this fall/winter as my woodworking man.

A couple of months ago, he made us a sofa table with the perfect dimensions to go behind our new sectional.  Here's a quick peek at that.

 It's been put to good use this Christmas holding our Harry Potter Village.


Here is a picture of what I've been working with for my desk/crafting/cricuting/primary lesson preparing space.  It was SO not cutting it.  It had such a small surface area and two tiny little drawers.  Papers were everywhere with no hope or room for organization.

Enter Wes.  Our first challenge was procuring the materials in a tiny Toyota Rav4.  Luckily, everyone made it home safely.

I found some plans on Pinterest that I gave Wes along with my own modifications.  He enlisted a good friend of ours to help out.  Thanks, Russells!  Wes and Aaron worked all day getting it put together and then Wes worked on it more sporadically for a few days after.




 Once, everything was finished, it was handed over to me for sanding, painting, and waxing.


Wes added these great cord hiding solutions, so that it has a cleaner look to it.

Voila!  I love it and it's so beautiful and functional! 




3 comments:

Nancy said...

That is INCREDIBLE! I had no idea you could make something that looked that good. When you two take on a project you don't cut any corners. It's beautiful!

Myrna said...

It is wonderful. I even got a sneak peek one night when Wes shared it with me while he was working on it in the garage via Facebook. Jennifer was probably cheering him on because I heard her when he built the table. She had nothing but praise for him all through the project. Well done.

Birthday Return Gifts For Kids said...

Birthday Return Gifts for Kids
Birthday Return Gifts for Kids india
Personalised Gifts For Kids
Send Birthday Gifts to India
Send to india Rakhi gifts