Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Sad Goodbye to Some Old Friends

Unpacking everything you own makes you stop and think about, "How much of this stuff do we REALLY need?" Just to prove my point here are some of our unpacking pics.

Wes putting forth a valiant effort while I ran around with a camera.



Whoa! That's a lot of boxes...



In the words of Uncle Jesse..."Have Mercy"



Oh, the shame of it all and we claim to be de-cluttered organization gurus!


So, as you can see we had a lot of stuff. This was merely two rooms! So we de-cluttered like we've never de-cluttered before. Here are a few of the casualties of our declutternation.

My parents bought me this when (I want to say age 8) I was in the hospital getting ear surgery in order to cheer me up. Yes, yes, I WAS obsessed with Alf. He's a funny guy! But he didn't make the cut. :( I loved it when he sang the Old Timey Rock n' Roll song with a pickle. Almost as good as Tom Cruise himself.



Shelby and Ted made this for me when I got married. (Thanks guys, it really helped keep Wes in line there at the beginning!) I miss those two. These rules still stand true...even though Linens n' Things went bankrupt...and Scarlett's favorite past time is to lick everything in sight which sometimes happens to be the carpet.


Well, goodbye Clutter! You were a good friend, but all good things must come to an end...and this was your time.

Just for good measure, I'll throw in a couple pics of Scarlett. (Mainly to keep my Dad at bay)

Everyone loves a Cowgirl, Baby! or is it Everyone loves a Cowgirl Baby? Either way, she is wearing a buckskin skirt, solidifying that she is the cutest little thing I've ever seen!


If you guys want me to keep blogging I'm going to need more comments! I thrive off of validation!

4 comments:

Wes Harris said...

And who doesn't need a little validation. The cowgirl sentences dilemma should definitely be sans comma. I just had to explain all seven of Jennifer's Rules to a coworker. He wanted to know what I was reading with my face two inches away from the screen.

Myrna said...

The little gal seems to be saying, "Oh my, picture time."

Nancy said...

Validation, validation, validation, validation, validation. . . .Did it work?
Seriously, I was so excited to see you had made and update. And Scarlet is Adorable!

Anonymous said...

You had better keep posting. I love them. You are a great writer and I love yours and Wes's comments. I love our little cowgirl. She is just too adorable.