Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wes's 2011 Reading Stats/List

I love a good story. It can be just recounting experiences with friends and family or watching a movie or reading books—but I especially love books. They are tiny packets of adventure that can be experienced even while juggling home, church, work, a toddler, house buying/moving, pregnancy (in a supporting role), etc.

I had quite a few reading adventures in 2011 due to a fair commute, a kindle book always on my phone, and an audible book in my ear. A wonderful free site called goodreads.com helped me track it all. Luckily I’m not nerdy enough to pivot the data and make a chart of what I have read this year . . .

Books read: 28
Average pgs per book: 428
Total page count: 11, 985


8 comments:

Jennifer Harris said...

You're very cute with your blog post and your charts, although I'm a little perplexed as to how a book called "I Don't Want to Kill You" got 5 stars and one of the best books of all time, "Where the Red Fern Grows" got a measly little 4 stars?

MikeS said...

Your book worm status is growing. I find it interesting that you don't read real books anymore, just ebooks and audio books.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was more diligent about tracking what I read. I didn't read as much but I did read quite a bit in 2011. Maybe I'll track in 2012 and do a better job of it.
Cheryl

Myrna said...

hi, this is a test.

Myrna said...

Quite a list of books. The books I've read have been clean romance books! However, I've given those up for lack of time. I've also cut Netflix to 2 DVD's a month and 2 hours of net time. Perhaps I end it all. I need time for family history, DVD history, and scripture reading. Of course, school takes precedence since it is my job.

Nancy said...

I agree. Good thing you aren't nerdy enough to have just made a graph and a chart to track your reading.

Heather Ralphs said...

I have a spreadsheet too!!! I haven't ever done a chart, but maybe at the end of my third year tracking I will do a comparison chart....

Unknown said...

For a second, I thought, "Wes is super anal about tracking his life. That chart is crazy."

But once you explained it, it all made sense. I was more like, "Wes is awesome at the internet and making me think he has internet witch powers to create magic graphs."

I'm not very smart.

I agree with Jennifer about Red Fern Grows.