Friday, January 13, 2012

The Harris's go Ice Skating!

I was recently called to be the Young Women's Secretary, which is pretty exciting since I have never been in Young Women's before due to the fact that I didn't join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints until I was 18 and graduated. I'm pretty excited/nervous about the new responsibility. I went to my first activity on Wednesday night which was at the ice skating rink. Wes and Scarlett also joined us. I didn't skate since I'm almost 5 months pregnant, but Wes AND Scarlett skated! Yes, I said AND Scarlett...my itty bitty 22 month old. Okay, so she couldn't do it by herself, Wes had to hold her hand, but I must say she possesses some of her dad's crazy good skating skills.


Here they are getting ready to head out on the ice. Scarlett looks like her legs are a million miles long in this picture.






"Bye Mom, I'm going to go skating with Daddy now."






I cannot even tell you how fast they were going in this picture! I seriously almost had a nervous breakdown. They were going faster than anyone else at the rink, passing people like they were standing still.

I wish the pictures had come out better, but I forgot my normal camera and had to use my phone which doesn't do so well in low light and high motion situations. Anyway, Wes took Scarlett around for about 30 minutes before his back gave out on him and she had a complete melt down when he handed her over the wall back to me. She was definitely not ready to say goodbye to ice skating with Daddy.

Here's one more picture of her in her favorite pink vest. Its the only article of clothing she has that she's shown an affinity towards. She loves it and wants to wear it all the time. I think it has something to do with the pockets.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, her looks are changing! She looks less like a baby and I can't find the word I'm looking for, but she looks older! I love that she wasn't afraid to try something new with Daddy and the vest is totally cute. I can't wait to see you guys in March. Pooh

Whitney said...

She's so adorable! I would have freaked out with the fast skating, too!

Heather Ralphs said...

while I stalk your blog I guess I am not a good enough stalker because I had no idea you were 5 months pregnant! Congratulations!

MikeS said...

Way fun. Don't panic about the speed. Wes has beau coup skills on the ice. I'm surprised he last half an hour with Scarlett. All that leaning over is murder on your back. I've been there. Cute pictures.

Wes Harris said...

I think the skates made her legs look way longer. Thanks for the support Mike; my back is still feeling it.
I should have started her sooner. I'll bring a pair of skates to the delivery room for the next one. Scarlett and I are really going to have to make up for some lost time.
Way to overcome those maternal insincts Jen.
Now that Scarlett got a taste of what it's like to work a skating floor she'll never be the same.

Anonymous said...

She is just too adorable. Love the pink vest WITH THE WHITE FUR. You guys give me a hard time about buying fur and here you do it too. Love the pics. they are now my background.
Miss you all
Mom

Myrna said...

Wes, do you remember our school ice skating experience? The employees at the rink saw what a hard time you were having on your skates and said for you to try rentals. You suddenly skated so well that I went over and asked for a pair also and I was able to skate and do turns and threes and so forth. They told us our blades were too dull on the old skates we had. What an eye opener.

The rink looks really nice in the picture. Next time remember the video so you can send it to me. I'm missing my granddaugher's young life because I have no video of her. We miss all three of you.

Anonymous said...

These are really neat times for you guys.

Spencer, Ariell and Crew said...

The ice skating looks like so much fun! Scarlett is adorable! And congrats finding out the gender of your baby boy! We are so excited for you guys! :) Hugs from El Paso!

Nancy said...

So if Scarlett becomes the new "Wes" we all knew growing up, (who does crazy things, goes fast, rides zip lines, climbs rocks, etc . . . and routinely scares his mom) who in the extended family will be the "Nick"?

Nancy said...

Is that a picture of a girl ice skating on her shirt, too? Wow--she really dresses for the occasion. I am assuming that big orange patch on her leg is something to do with the skating rink since I saw it on a couple other skaters in one of the photos. No picture of Jen? We want to see you, too.

Nancy said...

I wish I could think of everything I wanted to say on the first post-----Jen, congratulations on being the YW secretary! I know you'll do a wonderful job! I think it is neat that you will be able to get a better glimpse of what it must be like in Young Women's, and I know those girls are going to love you!

Wes Harris said...

No worries, you're just increasing our comment count. I just wanted to chime in and say that I specifically picked the ice skating shirt for Scarlett. Jen noticed when she was making the blog post. She had no idea I had done it on purpose. It was pretty difficult there were two shirts in the drawer and one had an ice skater on it.